Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Charlotte's Webb

I woke up this morning, did the usual routine. Grab a cup of coffee, a cigarette, and plopped down at the dining room table. My mantra this morning was "wake up, empty tanks, wake up, empty tanks..." and on the fourth chant I noticed a tiny green object dangling from an electric plug in. After deciding I was not hallucinating from something in my coffee I focused in on it. It was a tiny green spider. My first reaction towards an unwanted guest is to grab a shoe. Keep that in mind when you decide to drop in on me. Then the spider started sailing. Yes Sailing and again there was nothing in my coffee. Upon closer inspection I noticed it had made tiny lines almost invisible to the human eye to sail upon. I sat back down and watched it as closely as I watch my neighbors trying to set up their RV. After "sailing for a while, it would dangle, like a child in a swing. Then it would climb to the electrical outlet and leap and it would swing. It repeated this jumping, swinging acrobatics a few times then it would dangle for a while and then it would sail. I am sure if spiders had expressions this one would reflect glee. I put my shoe down. Let it ride down the road with us.

Illinois Nauvoo,

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...