Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Storm

Since our arrival we have experienced two storms, both rather severe. The first one occurred while we were at the store. We stood huddled by the front door with the masses waiting for the rain to cease. There was a sense of camaraderie while watching the rain fall and the hearing the thunder boomers boom.

The second occurred while at home. It was different than the last one. This was intense and I had just laid down for a nap when it started. Surely tried to stay with me but soon she was standing on the side of the loft trying to find the way down. I laid there listening to the rain, feeling the RV begin to sway back and forth, back and forth. I closed my eyes when the hail came and actually snoozed through that. I think it was because there was no difference in the sounds of the rain hitting the roof and small hail hitting the roof. I started to feel queasy due to the motion so I got down and sat with mom and watched the rain fall, feel the temperature dropped, and as it abated our windows were opened to welcome the fresh air. I love storms but I am not too thrilled with them when I am in my little home on wheels.


Location:  Sikeston Missouri

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...