Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just An Update

Moving day always is such a pain in the backside. Even though I am happy we have more space it is difficult trying to figure out where everything goes. We absolutely love our new home, it is more spacious, more storage, and we were fortunate to find Collier RV in Rockford. Our experience with the place we purchased the Gulfstream was not pleasant. No test driving and the only instruction were "take a wide turn when you leave the parking lot." No wonder I hit a tree. I was able to drive the coach with Dan our salesman in the vehicle. He made me feel comfortable and relax. Mom sat on the couch worrying with the seat beat, I am sure she wasn’t as confident. Because of this I am comfortable driving the coach but I am not use to the air brakes so mom will have to follow me in the car until I get use to them. The couch will not be useful as my bed so I purchased an air mattress for Surely and I. I hope she doesn’t start digging because we will leak.

I am sitting here listening to Kate Campbell and I am happy to have my music. I had to go outside to give the geriatric puppy a good walk and the night is pitch black. No stars to speak of. I found it soothing but Surely (being night blind) was not happy. While in Rockford we have been able to watch the geese fly in their perfect V to a warmer climate and I wonder where we will be after October.

We will not make it to Gainesville until Monday. Mom was feeling poorly today as well as I. We got a lot accomplished between the sniffles and moaning though and I am pleased with our efforts. Tomorrow will be a push day to finish up. I have a lot to do outside, organizing the basement, trying to familiarize myself with all the hook ups, and making trips to Dollar General. I should make a list and make one trip but that takes the fun out of being frustrated.

I will be posting pictures of Dan the salesman and the coach when I am through with all the fun things I have to do.

Later


Location:  Illinois Rockford

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...