Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Malls and Elmo Lincoln

I loathe Malls. I shop at Wal-Mart and avoid any and all malls. Yet, today I actually had a decent experience at a mall. We had to drop the Gulfstream off at the dealers to move the satellite to our new RV and we had time to kill. Since Rockford is not a brown sign town there was nothing left to do but walk the mall. Mom wanted to find a pair of pants and we ended up at a department store. Once in a great while curiosity will overcome me and I will actually try on something. I found two pairs of jeans with absolutely no elastic in the waist. I was so thrilled that I actually went to another store to look at shirts. I think mom would have wanted to have her toe nails pulled out one by one than follow me to a store to buy shirts. You see, shopping for shirts with me is a horrible experience for anyone. I am not proud of the fact that the very first Tarzan (Elmo Lincoln) had the same problem as I. Some well-meaning idiot informed me of that piece of trivia thinking it would make me feel better. Which it did not. I am barrel chested and anyone with that problem knows that shirt buying is a royal pain in the arse and you are better off going to the men's department. My luck continued and I purchased two button up shirts. Mom was very relieved. It was a successful day at the sales rack.

Tomorrow we will be moving into our new home.



For those of you that want to read about Elmo, click here


Illinois Rockford

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...