Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rockome

Today we went to Rockome near Arthur and Icola IL. It was such an interesting place. Very hokey but so much fun. The gardens were beautiful, the people were very friendly and helpful. Mom even talked me into a buggy ride. It became very exciting when Ted (the horse) knew he was heading home because he took off. I am so fortunate to see Rockome before the new owners take over. I read their webpage and they will be making "big" changes. I just know the food was inexpensive and tasty, it was folksy and hokey. I hate to see the change that is coming its way. Another tourist trap.

We went into Arthur for its Cheese Festival. Guess what we bought? CHEESE, a small bit of fudge, peanut butter spread, and homemade bread. Now you know what I will be having for supper. Yummy.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...