Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Update

We are in Lebanon MO. We left Springfield IL this morning and made pretty good time considering the massive amount of road repair on I-44. A lot of one lane roads to drive on. We had to spend two nights in Springfield IL because of a rather severe neck spasm. Everything on the RV is designed for someone with long arms and legs. So I was doing a lot of stretching. I am still sore but not as bad as last night. I have been approached twice by men asking “do you drive this?” I see trouble brewing for the wives and for me. I make sure they understand that I had to get an extension for the accelerator, that I cannot reach the air conditioner or radio. That it is difficult for someone who is short in stature to drive this rig. I don’t know if it helps but I am trying to ease the bickering that goes on between husbands and wives.

Tomorrow we head towards Arkansas and I don’t know if I will have internet services or phones. You might not hear from me for a while. I had to pay $8 to get on the net tonight (it is a racket) in order to let you all know I might not be heard from for a while. Don’t worry.

Like I said earlier driving this isn’t bad, as long as I don’t want the air conditioner on. You can’t tell I am pulling a car and that could be trouble. Tomorrow I start driving on Highway 5 and I am a little apprehensive. Also there is nothing more frustrating than having to go to the bathroom and having one just a few steps behind you. There is no place to pull over on 5.

I am tired, sore, and looking forward to curling up next to Surely Not and a good book. The air mattress is working out great and Surely hasn’t dug a hole in it. We just love the room we have and the storage. Hopefully we will be able to get out and sightsee.

Later

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...