Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Itching To Leave

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am itching to leave. The itch is worse than poison ivy or those nasty little no see ums called chiggers. So far, Mom has a clean bill of health, Surely has problems with her trachea, and my doctor forgot to write my appointment down. I hate Well Women Exams. I spend the night before worrying and dreading it. Of course you can’t eat after midnight and that only makes me hungry after midnight. So I can’t curl up with my peanut butter and a good book and relax. So I was not a happy camper when I walked in the doctor’s office Monday and everyone greeted me and then said “what are you doing here?” I am going tomorrow and once again I will spend an anxious night without my peanut butter.

I always leave an impression at my doctor’s office. It is not because I want to, believe me I really don’t but I always do. Example: I call the office. I say “This is Pepper.” Their voice turns from professional to friendly.
Receptionist: Hey girl what’s up?
Me: I need Malaria pills
Receptionist: where the hell are you going?
Then I hear her say to her co workers, she needs malaria pills. Yes, I did get them after explaining why.

My last visit to see them was when my kayak flipped in Lake Petén (in Guatemala). 45 minutes of treading water and drinking half the lake did a number to my digestive system. I waited a week before I called. I haven’t lived that one down. The feeling to my leg did come back.

I know we are heading to Kentucky to get some minor warranty work done and after that we are heading for I-10. I don’t have an itinerary set up and probably won’t but I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for the emails and comments. For those that inquired about my oldest son and his health, he is good health, the tear in his lung has healed, and he is going out of his mind because he can’t work. Surgery is still on his agenda and he will be able to work two weeks after the surgery. He is looking forward to getting back to normal.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...