Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tupelo Mississippi

A lot of people would go to Graceland if they were in Memphis Tennessee but I am not one of the masses, so to speak. I like to go to the beginning, where it all started and that is where we headed off today. Tupelo is the birthplace of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll. I like Elvis’ music but I always felt he was a nice person surrounded by manipulative people who did not care for his well being. Something similar seems to be happening with a celebrity in the Bahamas now but I won’t go into that at all. It was an interesting stop to say the least. I think there were some people who were disappointed because it was a small three room house. A chapel was built and dedicated in 1979 adjacent from his childhood home and even though it is pretty little chapel there is a sadness radiating from it. Of course there was an Elvis Presley gift shop for those who wish to buy a souvenir. I didn’t go into the home nor the museum because I felt enough people profited from him who shouldn’t. My little act of rebellion you could say.

For more pictures of Elvis Presley’s home click on the photograph tab. For those interested in Elvis Presley’s childhood click here - Elvis Childhood Home

All in all I didn’t care for Tupelo Mississippi. We went to Wal-Mart’s there and I had enough of people pushing and shoving. Rudeness was running amuck at the Tupelo Wal-Mart’s and Pepper was about to blow. I don’t like crowds and when in a crowded situation and people are rude I get very frustrated and angry. If we didn’t need dog food I would have walked out. We ate lunch in Holly Springs where once again I was amazed by people’s rudeness. Our waitress was not happy to see us. She wasn’t happy to see anyone for that matter so I don’t feel singled out. She flipped our plates and pizza on the table by the toss of her wrist as she was walking by. It was like here is your food, now get out. She did the same performance for the other customers as well and I can assure you she was not tipped well for it either. I told mom when we got back in the car that I have no desire to see the rest of Northern Mississippi and was happy to get back in Arkansas.


Tomorrow is laundry and I have a truck wash to check out. Our little house is getting very dusty from the dirt road and is in need of bath. If I can get the coach in the car wash without taking out the building I will drive it up there on the day we leave for a much needed bath. If not I will let Hannah and Scott the honor when we return home to be tortured by our doctors. Let’s see if they read this.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...