Saturday, October 28, 2006

Where Are the Wooly Worms

Where are the wooly worms? I have not seen one this fall and I depend on them to forecast the winter weather. Others have seen them but not me. What does this mean? Does this mean I won’t see winter? Which is not bad because that means I will be where it is warmer. From what others have told me the wooly worm is black and that means batten down the hatches, pile up the wood, and get your long johns out because winter is going to be bad.

Saw the sand sculptures this afternoon. It is absolutely fascinating that someone would spend days creating these fragile pieces of art.

We ate dinner at Cohen’s. The Cohen Family owned this from around 1921 until 1980, when the last member of the Cohen family, Stella Cohen Peine, died upstairs in her apartment. Her husband was murdered in the alley behind the building. She lived with her sister until the 1950’s. The she became reclusive and was hardly ever seen. Allegedly this place is haunted and has been on the Discovery Channel “Haunted Journeys.”
Location: Paducah Kentucky

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...