Monday, October 30, 2006

Which Way Did I Go

We took off this morning earlier than normal. We both were ready for a change of scenery. The drive into Nashville was breathtaking. I am not sure how it happened but I ended up on a two lane, curvy road somewhere in Nashville. We went from the interestate to "where the hec are we" in less than 15 minutes. The "where the hec are we" went from "how the hec am I going to turn this rig around?" Fortunately we came up on a church with a large parking lot. Then we got back on Interstate 24. I told mom to call the park and get directions. He said "well you take 65 north to ...." This is not good because we were on Interstate 24E. So we drove until I could find a place to turn around and got on Interstate 24W and drove back through Nashville until I found 65 north. Once on 65 north I started relaxing. It was pretty stressful driving through Nashville twice. Then it hit me and mom at the same time, the exit numbers were going up instead of down. So I found a place to turn around and we got on 65 south, even though the man said north the numbers were saying something else. I drove through Nashville for the 3rd time. By now my stress level was off the scale because traffic was picking up. Besides that the three of us had to go to the restroom and mom was not going to move for fear that I would end up on a two lane road again. We did find the place and we are so far out in the boondocks that mom and I probably won't leave for a while. It is peaceful here, the park is beautiful, and I do not want to see Nashville for a long time.

Cornersville Tennessee

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...