Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Stupid Things I Do

When we pulled into the park we are currently residing, I was concerned about the slideouts. A fellow RVer said that if I put my back against the RV and stretch out my arm that is where my slideout will be. I did it but still was not convinced. I just knew when I pushed that button it would hit the post. I sent my mother out to watch and I pushed the button.  VICTORY

I then went outside to hook up the RV. The water hookup is located directly under the slideout.

I hooked up the water, then raised up in my usual hurried fashion and WHACKED! Yes siree I hit the bottom of the slideout with my usually hard head. When contact was made (head to slideout) I dropped to my knees. The world was spinning, I was seeing stars, and a few pink elephants.

I couldn't cuss, I couldn't scream, I couldn't show any emotion because of the audience watching me hookup through their blinds. I picked up my dignity and staggered into the house. I plopped down on the couch and immediately went to sleep. I woke up (thank god) and I had a headache, nausea that lasted all that evening, the next day, and this morning I woke up perky as ever.

Now I bet you all are thinking "I bet she has a knot on her head." Oh no.... I have an indentation. Unfortunately it didn't knock any sense into me at all.

Now be honest. How many times have you raised up only to have your head hit the corner of a cabinet or something quite hard? What was your reaction?

At least I know now HOOK UP FIRST BEFORE PUTTING THE SLIDEOUTS OUT! Maybe it did knock some sense into me.

Location:  Hattiesburg Mississippi

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...