Friday, November 24, 2006

Hattiesburg

Thanksgiving turned out to be a warm day so after eating our Thanksgiving feast, mom and ,I along with Surely walked a small part of the Long Leaf Trace. There was no way we could walk the 41 miles. We did conquer a mile and a half until Surely pooped out. It was a beautiful walk; people were skating, or riding their bikes. Some, like us, were walking.

The pines are majestic. I am always amazed by the silent struggle in a forest. Plants pushing their way to the sunlight, the ones that do not make it and the one that do are there as testimony to this struggle.

We also decided to go to Hattiesburg Zoo. It is a very small zoo and they don’t have a lot of animals. Mom and I enjoyed it. I saw the Howler Monkey and the Tapir.  I was surprise to see that they didn’t have any elephants. Mom and I were singing the Bobby Goldsboro tune “Me and The Elephants” and we were pumped to see one. The most fun though was watching the Prairie Dogs. Someday when we trade our little house on wheels for one with a foundation I am going to have a prairie dog town in my backyard. They can keep me entertained for hours.

No plans for tomorrow, we take each day as it comes.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...