Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Neighbor

My neighbor, who is in his seventies, is driving me nuts. Every morning since he has been here, he comes out of his house (fifth wheel) and walks over to my hook-ups and stares. He has a crotchety old man look - eyes slightly closed, forehead furrowed, and a frown. He tilts his head as he studies my hook-ups. My hook-ups are below the dining room window and I can see him every morning. It is his routine. Jokingly I said "maybe he is jealous" or "maybe he is getting some ideas." But it has been five mornings now, five mornings of him coming out of his house and staring at my hook-ups. Usually I am not a paranoid person. This is weird though. I check all the connections and every thing is looking fine. My water hose is properly coiled and on the holder. The sewage hose is properly installed. So what the hell.



This morning I went over and looked at his connections. I did my best imitation of a crotchety old man. The look, the concentration, and just stared at his connections. I even scratched my head to appear puzzled as I strolled away with Surely in tow. I thought that would be a nice effect.



Maybe this is his way to find humor in his life. Drive his neighbors’ nuts. I would prefer a big ole howdy instead.



Location:  Carrizo Springs Texas

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...