Sunday, December 24, 2006

Playing In The Snow

I have a knack at attracting people who love to talk. I could be on one end of a building and they will seek me out. I hear some interesting stories. I decided to start sharing some of them.

I was at a restaurant this evening, waiting for my order to be completed so I could take it home. A gentleman approached me and he was so excited about New Orleans winning today. I am not a football person. I can’t tell the difference between a quarterback and a pitcher. That started the conversation between two strangers.

This gentleman was about my age, perhaps a few years old. He was short, stocky, and rotund in a jolly way. He had a boxer’s nose and such an interesting face that I couldn’t help but smile when he talked to me. In the middle of this one sided conversation, he paused and said “you are not from around here, are you?” I told him where I was from and he told me the most wonderful story that I could actually see the events unfold in my mind. His wife and he saved for a vacation in Branson Missouri. Both are very busy people and finding the time was difficult. They finally made it to Branson this year just in time for the big snow. He told me that at 3:00 a.m. the police stopped him and his wife and said “what are you folks doing?” What they were doing was playing in the snow. They were throwing snowballs, making a snow man, and just being kids again. They didn’t get in trouble; they just told the officer that they were from Louisiana. He said they saw a lot of music shows and did the touristy things that people do but the best memories of their visit is the time they were able to play in the snow.

Location:  Louisiana Livingston

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...