Sunday, January 28, 2007

Idle Conversation

I was cleaning out my basement two days ago and overheard this conversation from my neighbors, father and son.

His Son – "Dad, I smell gas."

Older Gentleman – "Better check the god damn tanks."

Older Gentleman opens a compartment located under his travel trailer and proudly displays two rusty old cylinders.

Older Gentleman – Son, I figured this out myself. You see when one tank goes empty the other one will take over.

Older Gentleman reaches into his overalls, pulls out a pack of Marlboro cigarettes, takes one for himself and gives one to his son. They stand there, with their unlit cigarettes dangling out of their mouth, admiring the older gentleman’s handiwork.

Older Gentleman – "Now if they are leaking….. You have a light son? Ain’t no way in hell these puppies could leak. "

His Son hands him a lighter. They both light up.


Pepper grabs dog and mom and runs for the hills.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...