Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Is there something wrong with this headline? “Brandy Sued for $50 Million in Fatal Crash.”

If I had struck that poor woman’s car the family couldn’t sue me for that amount. They can try but I am not worth that much and my future earnings are dismal. It is like hitting the proverbial lottery.

People are so quick to put a dollar amount on human life. It is going to get to the point that the government is going to cap this by declaring what a human is worth.

How much is my mother worth? In fact how much is your mother worth? Don’t get sentimental I want dollar amount. My mom would say she isn’t worth a plug nickel but as I type this and look at her I am calculating her value.

She is the only one in the household that can cook
She is the bookkeeper and even though I could take that role over I will still hire an accountant.
She gives me professional advice on what is right and left
She is my psychiatrist and personal advisor
She is my personal trainer
She is my alarm clock, even though I put her on snooze


The point I am trying to make is when is enough enough? If someone intentionally sets out to harm or kill someone then I would change my mind. This person jumped into her vehicle without malice and caused an accident that took the life of another person. It was an accident. She needs to be held accountable for her actions and she needs to face justice like anyone else. Accountable does not mean financial gain.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...