Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Texas



We made it to Texas. It took us twice as long because traffic on I-10 was backed up for 30 miles. Prior to that, the interstate was awful. I have dirt roads back home that were easier to drive on. Needless to say I was very happy to see the RV Park. I found out something important. When you leave Louisiana you do not leave behind the swamps and bayous. In this part of Texas they call it a front and back yard. The lots here are somewhat narrow and I missed the lot and buried 3 of my 6 tires in mud.
A month ago mom and I decided to enroll in Good Sam Roadside Service. So I called Good Sam and 20 minutes later the tow truck came. He didn’t leave until I was safely parked on my lot. I went out to thank him and sign my life away and I noticed a black mud pile in my yard. I said “what the heck is that?” It was a crawdad home. Back where I come from a crawdad’s home was under a rock in the lake. Here they build themselves a fancy mud mansion with a basement that is 3 to 10 feet below ground.
After the gentleman left I rolled up my pant legs and went out and hooked up. I was sinking in the yard. Fortunately the RV is on a concrete pad or we would be taking up residency beside the crawdad. I can see it now – there goes there neighborhood, darn Rvers.
After hooking up I tried to get on the internet but something is wrong with my internet. I think after hitting all those bumps something jarred loose. I will dismantle everything tomorrow and try to figure out what. Until now I will use the park’s internet. Not only is it free but it is hassle free.


Location:  Beaumont Texas

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...