Thursday, February 22, 2007

Feast One Hundred & Thirty Two

Appetizer
Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?

I have an obvious scar on my wrist. When I was three years old I was running down a hill and fell. I slid part-way down and in the process I put a nail in my wrist. Before I could utter a sound a soldier (he was staying at the resort) came out of no where and scooped me up. He removed the nail and pour alcohol on the wound. Mom said I didn't cry or make a sound.... Sergeant Walker was my first crush.

Soup
What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?

When I was divorced I applied for and started receiving welfare benefits - cash, food, medical, and rent assistance. During that time I started college and since I had no marketable skills I started volunteering. The director of Family Services asked if I would volunteer for the agency and I agreed. After 12 months I interviewed for an actual paying job with the agency and became gainfully employed on November 1st. When I received my first paycheck I decided I was going to give the children their first real Christmas. James aka Rusty, Greg (my stepson) and I jumped into my truck and we took off to Springfield Missouri. The boys and I enjoyed our afternoon of shopping and when we got into the truck it wouldn't start. We were parked next door to a garage and a repairman came out and checked it out. I was told the alternator had gone out and it will cost me $450. The boys and I went into a private room and I told them to return all of the presents. If we did that I would be able to pay for the alternator. We went up to the service desk and we were told it was going to cost $150 more. I said "Wait a minute!" I explained to them I could pay the $450 but there was no way I could pay the rest. It was at that time that I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around. I remember a man standing there but that was it. He said Merry Christmas and shook my hand. I looked down at my hand and there was the money needed to pay for the alternator. Before I could react he took off and disappeared around the corner. I turned to the service man and the service man said it would only cost $450 and then he took another $100 off. I don't know who the man was that said Merry Christmas but because of him I still believe in Santa Claus.

Salad
Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.

Katie Couric

Main Course
What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?

I couldn't say butcher I would say burcher.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have always thought ______ was ______.

Sorry the first thing that came to mind is life and unfair.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...