Saturday, June 02, 2007

Pet Discrimination

There are several sites on the web that helps travelers find hotels that accept pets. I do use these sites with some surprising results.

Mom and I decided to go to Yellowstone and took Rt 30. The following is the conversation I had with three hotels.

Me: I need a smoking room.
Hotel: No problem.
Me: I also have a 7-pound dog.
Hotel: Sorry we just rented the last dog room
.

We were trying to book a room before noon.

We ended up spending the night in Idaho last night. Tonight we drove to Jackson Wyoming and once again ran into the same problem. We ended up in a mom and pop hotel that has to be one of the oldest in Jackson. The room is EXTREMELY small but nice and the price was reasonable. They also didn’t change an arm and a leg for Surely Not.

I am getting really sick and tired of pet discrimination. I am also tired of irresponsible pet owners that allow their animal to run wild or leave them alone in the hotel. These same owners don’t pick up after their pets. Fortunately, we found a hotel near Yellowstone that will accept Surely for a fee.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...