Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Refrigerator and Vice Grips

Mom and I decided to tackle the refrigerator today and give it a good cleaning. This refrigerator is a tad bit trickier than the average “house refrigerator.” With a motorhome, everything has to be bolted down to prevent it from sliding around. This also applies to the inside of the refrigerator. Two plastic strips ran the full length of the inside of the refrigerator that had three screws for each strip. I destroyed the Philips screwdriver while unhooking the car so I had to use another size and it was a pain in the arse. Have you ever noticed that when you are dismantling something there is that hidden screw? The last screw and come hell or high water you cannot find it. This refrigerator has one and I found it after 15 minutes of looking, hiding behind the divider that separates the bins. It was tucked up and under the lip making it damn near impossible to remove. The refrigerator is sparkling and reassembled.

Hannah, I realized that picking up Grandpa and moving him around increased my strength but believe me it was pure adrenalin that made pick up the front of the car. I think I impressed the neighbors with this feat. What happened was stupidity on my part. I wanted to unhook the car before pulling into the lot. It is something I do every time with the exception of this time. The car was at an odd angle so I grabbed my handy dandy hammer and my heavy-duty screwdriver and proceeded to hammer out the first pin. The pin popped out with little effort but when it did, it caused the hitch to shift. Once again, using the same heavy-duty screwdriver, I hammer the second pin out but the hitch shifted again causing the heavy-duty screwdriver to become jammed. I thought if I lift up on the car, it would dislodge it. Hence, I picked up the car and mom’s jaw at the same time. When that didn’t work, I thought a one hundred and none of your business pounds of pure manic woman jumping up and down on the hitch would cause it to dislodge. It didn’t work. By this time, Mom was saying, “we need to find someone to help us.” Undeterred I picked up a second screwdriver to use to pound out the heavy-duty screwdriver. The handle feel off of the second screwdriver so I used the vice grips to hold the second screwdriver while I use the hammer to pound out the first screwdriver and then I used the vice grips to wrench out the second screwdriver that became stuck when the first one popped out. And that, my dear daughter, is what took place.

Boob boob Hannah.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...