Saturday, June 30, 2007

You Have An Award

Those four words scare the hell out of me.

I am not a writer. Until Dirk started critiquing my writing, I didn’t pay attention to my style of writing. In college, I agonized over each word, each sentence, and my punctuation. I would spend hours upon hours on each report I wrote and the rewards were the grades. My son, Rusty aka James, shares my writing dilemma. Only his writing was terrible. It drove me crazy.

This is how he would write to me: i am not a writer until dirk started critiquing my writing me I didn’t pay attention to my style of writing in college I agonized over each word

When the custody of his daughter, Isabel became an issue and he had to fill out countless forms and write countless reports, he would send me a copy of each one. The first report he sent me I had to pull out a dictionary to figure out a twenty-dollar word he used. I just assumed his attorney or his wife wrote it. It wasn’t until later I found out that each word, each comma, and each period was his. Those were his words on paper. I was shocked. He is very eloquent, his style of writing very precise, and to the point. You see he has Pepper syndrome. He is excited, he wants to get his message across, and who the hell cares about punctuation and sentence structure. Who cares about a few misspelled words? He has a story to tell and like his mother, he gets his story told without the proper etiquette.

That is why “you have an award” terrifies me. It requires an explanation on why I like the blogs I read. Orally I can do it but writing the words, I can’t. “It’s a cool blog and that is why I read it” just won’t convey the message I want to say. I usually ignore the awards but today, after two cups of coffee I am going to attempt to explain why I read the blogs I do.

Whismy award me the “Rockin Girl Blogger.” I am honored by this and I now have to pass this onto five women who I feel deserves this award.






Zach- I feel you deserve an award for your blog because it has opened my eyes. I have learned a lot from reading your blog. The music you listen to rocks. I do appreciate the subtitles. I can’t give this you because you are not a girl. Nevertheless, you do ROCK!

Wiz- You are a fantastic photographer. The pictures you take tell a story, each one deserves to be framed and admired. I love the stories you tell. Your way with words amazes me and delights me. I give you this award.

Whismy- You are the one that gave me this award. You have overcome unbelievable odds and I admire you for that. You are an inspiration. You deserve this award twice.

Robin- You have raised my awareness on the environment. You have made me become aware of how wasteful I can be; and, because of you, I pay attention. Your style of writing creates pictures in my mind and I wish I could have half the talent you possess. Your photographs of the “water people” are my favorites. I give you this award.

Lynilu- Another woman I admire. You have changed your destination. You embrace life and look at each day as a new adventure. Your pictures are inspiring. You also have a bad ass truck that I would cut off my right arm for. You deserve this award.

Jolie- Day to day observations, funny and poignant stories, and everyday life makes you a winner. You are a great writer and I am hoping that one day you will write a book. I will be the first to purchase it and I would even drive to your door for you to autograph it. You are the Erma Bombeck of the blog world. You deserve this award.


Fatty– A lover of old houses, like me. Your blog is insightful and oftentimes, funny. I am so glad you came by to visit and stay. Like Whismy, you have faced many obstacles in your life and you always find humor. I admire that. You deserve this award.

Dirk.–Your entries are insightful. Just don’t take 8 weeks off again. You have raised my awareness on many issues and to list them all would make this the longest blog entry in blogger history. Your blog entries have created wonderful discussion between my mother and I and a few arguments. Since you are not a girl... oh hell I award this to you anyway because you rock!

I will upload and post my award s- travel from Dirk and Rockin Girl award on my blog as soon as I come back from my next adventure.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...