Friday, August 10, 2007

Gifts

While I was exploring the town of Metamora, I walked into a little gift shop to cool off. There tucked away on a shelf was the perfect gift for my daughter. I usually don’t buy gifts impulsively but this time was an exception. It was screaming her name. I purchased it, and took it to FedEx. I am sorry this picture is so blurry, she was laughing when the picture was taken.

I realize that sometimes I give my daughter some unusual “gifts.” All Robert can do is shake his head and put his foot down on where to put my gifts. Fortunately, the Nirvana Frog has the honor of being placed on Hannah’s desk. A family treasure I gave her is still in the closet, I think. When I gave it to her I said, “It needs to hang in the living room, over the fireplace.” Robert took one look at it and said, “No.”


A friend of my mother’s painted this for her on black velvet. Mom called it Mitzi and hung it up. Everyone that saw Mitzi swore it looked just like my mother, a chicken in a polka dot bikini holding a wine glass in one hand and a ski rope in the other. I just don’t understand why Robert won’t hang it up over the fireplace. Where is Mitzi, Hannah? Is she out of the closet?

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...