Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Howdy

Today I was combing through the cemetery in Richland Kentucky in search of the Herndon family. I came across a flower. Being the GREAT mom I am, I took two pictures for Hannah and you won’t believe what came out of the flower. I got the picture of it.



While in Yellow Springs Ohio, we met a very interesting person by the name of Bob. He was selling t-shirts and some of the artwork on the shirts was of his own design. He was also a poet and I tried to talk him into publishing some of his work. I did get his web page and I am going to share it with you as well as some of his artwork. As I said, he was fascinating. A little stoned but that goes along with being an old hippy.




I am also behind on my blogging and updating my webpage. I have been concentrating on the webpage and have all of my pictures uploaded. When you click on the caption at the bottom of the photograph below it will take you to the first Ohio page. In the upper left corner, click “next” and it will take you to the next page etc. You know you have reached the end when you click next and get my home page. Woodland Cemetery was just as interesting as Crown Hill. When you enter the cemetery, the first monument you see is of a little boy and his dog. The one that freaked me out was the man sitting in a chair. Dirk took us to the very top of the cemetery and we saw Dayton. It is beautiful place to visit while in Dayton. There are also pictures of the Air Force Museum and Yellow Springs. We also stopped at a festival in Xenia Ohio and ate “Tacos in a Bag.” The courthouse in Xenia was beautiful, with lots of gargoyles and two stone lions guarding the entrance. Enjoy the pictures.



0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...