Friday, September 21, 2007

I Need A Vacation

What a busy two weeks.

We arrived in Osage Beach and haven't stopped running. Truthfully I am exhausted!

The Car
About 6,000 miles ago I took the car in for service and told the mechanic that I was concerned about my brakes. I was told, later, that there was nothing wrong with the brakes. 3,000 miles ago, the same scenario and this time I was told my brakes were glazed and I need to sped up and slam on the brakes. I have done this several times when I had to avoid woodchucks and other small animals, so I really didn't think this would solve the problem. This week I took the car in for the 30,000 mile checkup and was told "your brakes are shot." We spent 5 hours in Springfield but fortunately we were given a loaner car. The car runs wonderfully.

The Motorhome
My concern with having the motorhome serviced is being taken advantage of. I am green as a gourd when it comes to the motor and my inexperience does show. We took the motorhome to Rapid Service in Camdenton. There really isn't anything you can do but drop it off and hope for the best. I have never seen a business work as hard trying to get parts, air filters, etc for my little house. They were on the phone with Holiday Rambler and Cummins, which of course means a lot of hold time. Then Marty showed me what he did, explained why he did it, and gave me pointers and tips. Most importantly he gave me his business card and said "if you have to take your coach in for service and they won't explain things to you or try to sell you something, call me immediately." Top notch service and great people.

My Mother
I am not speaking to her. I have heard her say "Oh I need to lose weight. My clothes are fitting tight." She went to the doctor yesterday for her physical and she has only gained 3 pounds! All of her tests came out good but she only gained 3 pounds. I am sitting here biting my nails, trying to figure out a way to stay off the scales when I go in Monday for my physical. 3 pounds! Good grief. HEY MOM YOU WANT A CHOCOLATE BROWNIE WITH ICE CREAM FOR LUNCH!

The Incredible Shrinking Woman
Kids, you won't recognize Doris. We went over yesterday to visit and we lost half of her. She has lost 75 pounds. All she did was eat healthier. With her ankles and feet causing her pain, she can't exercise so she just cut back on all of the unhealthy foods and concentrated on the healthy foods. She looks fabulous.

Yesterday we also visited with Gene and Marion and had dinner with Anna and Dean. It was a fun day. Click here for pictures.

Today we are off to Lebanon, tomorrow it will be Springfield, and Sunday I am hoping to catch up with Mindy. I am sorry I am ignoring everyone and as soon as I can breathe I will get back to blogging.

Later.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...