Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sorry Robin

I did not run to the nearest bookstore.... I sat down in front of the computer and ordered The Power of Myth. It arrived yesterday and I am looking forward to reading it. Thanks for letting me know about this great book.

In regards to my son's child support check. He had already told the powers to be in August that he didn't care about the money. In fact he said "She doesn't have to pay anything." After 10 months of therapy (speech, physical, and psychological) he is fully aware of the expense of raising a child with special needs. He just wants to have the legal authority to have her diagnosed correctly and take care of her needs.

My only complaint is the laws that are suppose to be in the best interest of children. My son had to take drastic measures to make this happen. He was castrated by the legal system and had to wait until something physical happened to take temporary custody which led to full custody. Her inability to speak was not enough. Nor was the fact that she could not run, climb, hop etc., and was severely developmentally delayed. We are not going into the potty training nightmare. Anyway you would think that someone out there would say this is not normal for a soon to be 5 year old. I am angry about this but I am letting it go. Ohmmmmmm

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...