Sunday, October 07, 2007

Joplin Missouri

Oh Dear, What Can The Matter Be?
We made it to Joplin, Missouri. I noticed that my hitch was covered in a thick, oily, black substance that stained my hands. Since my little house is a diesel pusher, I started checking fluids, mainly the oil. By the time I was through my hands were black. I admire anyone who works on diesel motors. Everything I checked looked fine so I have an appointment with a Cummins mechanic. It is probably nothing to worry about but since it has never happened before I just want to make sure.

Camaraderie
I found out that once I opened the back of the motor home to gain access to the dip stick, men came running. An instant friendship formed over a discussion of what was wrong which led into a discussion of gas versus diesel. I was even more pleasantly surprised when the women folk didn’t come running out to claim their men. One even gave me a sympathetic look but I was enjoying the conversation. I learned a lot from the pow wow.

Cable TV
When we first arrived I was told that the cable was being installed and I should have it by the evening or the next day. To my surprise a gentleman showed up to finish digging the trench and do the installation at the box by my site. He accidentally cut through my power. It didn’t affect anyone else but me. The next hour was spent trying to figure out why I didn’t have power when power to my box was restored. We checked the fuse box and checked the outlets. I check the gauges inside the house and check the little black box outside. We could not figure it out. Then it dawned on me… the inverter/ converter doohickey. I went out and looked at it and pushed a button. I had lights. Needless to say we all did a little jig on that one.

Web Page Updated
Click Here For The Renaissance Faire

Click Here For Elmwood Cemetery.

Later folks, Mindy I will get those pictures sent tomorrow.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...