Friday, March 28, 2008

Catch Me If You Can

Today mom and I left home after a week of being cooped up, coughing, hacking and yes some squabbling. You can not have two sick, cranky women living together without a cross word or two. What was important was we knew where it was coming from and neither one of us took offense.



It was wonderful to leave home; mom and I were ready for an adventure. We left laughing and being goofy and came back tired, sick, and happy. Tomorrow we are going to do it again because there is nothing like fresh air and good times to spend up the cure. We are not infectious.



We really didn't have a destination in mind, just take a back road and follow it. This back road took us to Pearce Arizona, where we found a cemetery. Surely was cooped up all week and so she was with us and ready for a good run. The only problem was sandburs. Those nasty little prickly burrs that hurt like heck. The first two she got she came to me and I promptly removed them. The third time she came to me, the burr was embedded deep in her paw. After I removed it, she took off like a shot. I was hoping to hang onto her long enough to put her in the car but she was to fast for me.



For an old dog - she can move.



The chase was on. I chased her all over the cemetery and she was hauling....well you know what she was hauling. I sat down to catch my breath and she was lurking a few feet from me. When I saw her little face I had to take her picture.











I know what you are thinking..... "Why?" Here is close up of her face.





She had a sand burr stuck on her lip.



I knew I had to out smart her or we would still be in the cemetery. I found a gated family plot and open the gate and went inside. I left the gate open. Then I hunkered down where I knew she couldn't see me and I waited. I heard whimpering and crying because she could not find me. I waited until her cries for me were right next to the fence, then I started slapping my knee. When she heard the noise she was so overjoyed to find me that she came right in and I jumped up and slam the gate closed. She knew her goose was cooked. I sat there with her, comforting her and gently removed all of her sandburs including the one on her lip. Then I took her back to the car. She drank a bottle of water and curled up and took a nap.

Click Here For Pearce Arizona Cemetery

Click Here For Scenery Pictures Including Texas Canyon



Location:  Pearce Arizona

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...