Sunday, March 16, 2008

DataStorm, MotoSat

When we first started on this journey we had a satellite dish installed on the roof of our RV so we will have access to the internet. All of the equipment was kept in a storage compartment. All we had to do was push a button, the satellite would rise up and connection would be assured.

From the beginning it gave us problems. Every time I would push the button it wouldn’t lock onto a signal. Only a handful of times have we been on the internet and every one of those times was spent on the phone with tech support. Then about 6 or 7 months ago I was being instructed to take the motorhome and do a 180. This is a logical request for an unusual situation. When I explained to them I cannot do a 180, I was told “Then I can’t help you.”

To do a 180 I need a large parking lot, I need to turn on my generation to provide electric, and I have to leave the park. It is a major pain in the arse.

When I finally wised that they were delaying me, I started my conversation by insisting that I cannot do a 180 and that was not the issue.

The other day I raised the satellite and then called to tech support. Daniel took my call and after telling him that I didn’t need to do a 18o, and that he was going to have to take the time to solve this problem. So he had me make some changes to the settings and then said “recalibrate the compress, then do a search, and call tech support if this doesn’t work.”

I did that and when it didn’t work, I called tech support. I was asked by the person who answered the call who I was working with. I said “Daniel.” The next thing I know I had Daniel and Daniel was not happy. He had me make a few more changes and said “recalibrate the compass, do a search, and call back after hours and talk to someone who works that shift.” Then he reprimanded me for calling him direct and that I should follow the prompts when I call tech support.

I was floored. I told him I didn’t have his direct line and he hung up on me.

I cancelled my internet service. I am looking into aircards but until then I am dependent on the park internet which is inconsistent or hot spots.

Will post pictures when I can.

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...