Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Greetings

We have arrived safely. It is a back-in spot but with the aid of a fellow RVer directing me I had no trouble getting on my spot. I did have troubles with the jacks, levels. The control panel will not turn on. I called Winnebago and after following his instructions I discovered that we do have the correct fuse. I finally gave up with Winnebago and called a repairman. It is an electrical problem, so the first of the week we will be taking the coach into Tucson for repairs.



I went to a lumber yard and purchased 6 2X8 boards and leveled it the old fashion way. I need to pick up four more just in case. When you use pads or boards to level your RV you need to make sure that all of the tires are resting on it. If not, expect a flat.



Since I am on a roll of telling people what to do, it is also very important to make sure your tires are resting on the ground when you do use your levels. I have seen coaches two feet in the air, resting completely on their jacks and let me tell you that is not a good thing.



I was told by Sunland RV that I would never ever have to maintain the jacks or slideouts. Which I knew was bull. After checking the fuse that is connected to the pump I realized it is going to be a pain in the neck to check the fluid and to fill it. So I will have to go out tomorrow and buy a turkey baster so I can fill it. I went over the maintenance with the jacks with the repairman and it is pretty much the same.



This is a nice park, over 100 sites – so it a busy place. I am going to get my shorts out and maybe my swimming suit (don’t expect pictures). Sit in the whirlpool or take a swim. Everybody here is my age or older so I won’t feel to out of place.



New pictures of Rusty’s RV park in Rodeo New Mexico. Click Here to view.




Location:  Benson

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...