Saturday, March 08, 2008

How Cold Is It

As much as I love the desert, I am getting just a tad bit tired of the drop in temperature at night.



When we came to Rodeo, we knew it was isolated. That is what led us here - isolation, quiet, and peace. It is wonderful to hear the coyotes, see a bobcat, and listen to the ducks quack nervously.



The high price of gasoline was a shocker. They have taken the term “to gouge” to a whole new level. Also propane is not available nearby and so we opted to do without the furnace and rely on a little space heater. At night when the temperature starts to drop, we turn on our little heater. Since we are concerned about fire, we shut the heater off before retiring to bed.



Surely Not is now sleeping with me again because of the temperature. I wake up every morning in fear that she has had an accident. So far, it hasn’t happened. I also a wake to find my poor mother wrapped from big toe to head and she has started sleeping at the foot of the bed to be away from the window. She says she is toasty warm but she is also sleeping in a nightgown, sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt. To compliment this attire she has on thick bright red socks. I just wear sweats and a hoodie. Surely Not is the only one benefiting from the cold because she gets to sleep with me.



We will be pulling out of here on Monday. Surprisingly I am a little sad.



We might do a little roaming today. Have lunch at Portals and explore the park. If we do I will be posting pictures.



Later





Location:  Rodeo

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...