Saturday, May 03, 2008

This, That, And The Other

I have had a lot on my plate this month. It started with my son calling and letting me know that he has left his wife of 4 years. It was not an easy decision for him, in fact he returned once only to leave again. The reason for his decision makes sense but it is something that you don’t want to happen. My daughter sent me a quote from Brian Andreas that really captures how I feel,


“There has never been a day when I have not been proud of you, I said to my son, though some days I’m louder about other stuff so it’s easy to miss that.”

Surely has been ill and even though I have prepared myself for this part of her life, I am not happy about it. She is on 7 different kinds of medications and if her kidney function doesn’t improve by May 12th then the day I have been dreading will become a reality.

Dad is making his presence known in the house. I am so thankful that he is doing it there and not in my little house on wheels. Mom and I have often wondered if the strange noises and the feeling of being stared at were gone and apparently it hasn’t gone away. He loved that house, more than anything in the world. It was his sanctuary, his design, and I hate to say this, but it was also his prison in later years.

My grandmother lived in Tucson Arizona and I remember visiting her as a child. One of the fears she instilled in me (besides going barefooted) was to be very, very afraid of a Gila Monsters . To a young child’s mind anything ending with monster is terrifying. I have never seen one and all I knew of it was her description; a fat red and black,venomous lizard. Driving home Wednesday I swerved to avoid hitting something red and black crawling across the road. Needless to say I pulled over, grabbed my camera and took off running. For a fat lizard it can move fast and for a fat lady I can haul butt as well. I finally caught up to it as it was going under a bush so the pictures I took of it are not very good. I finally saw and captured on film the lizard of my childhood nightmares.



I have been having some disturbing dreams lately. I am remembering each and every one of them. I have decided to start writing them down because they are just bizarre. I had a dream the other night of a Flying Rod becoming a parasitic insect that lives under your skin. They just zip under your skin without you knowing. This dream occurred because of two shows I watched “Untold Stories of the ER” and “Flying Rods, Fact or Fiction.” Both shows must have left an impression on me.

There is good news on the horizon! My daughter is coming for a visit and I am looking forward to that.

I have updated my webpage with all of the pictures I haven taken over the past two weeks. We have been to Tombstone, Amerind Foundation, Chiricahua National Monument , and places in between.

Enjoy
April 23 Tombstone
April 23 Rose Tree Tombstone
April 23 Tombstone Cemetery
April 25 Amerind
April 30 Dos Cabezas Cemetery
April 30 Faraway Ranch
April 30 Chiricahua
April 30 Willcox


Scolds Bridle or Gossip Bridle. Used on women who talked to much or gossiped.

Location: All Over Arizona

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...