Thursday, July 03, 2008

Hordes of People and Flat Tires

We ventured out to the grocery store this morning, Which was not the brightest thing to do before a weekend or weekend holiday. When you put a bunch of people together in this environment common courtesy, respect, and manners go right out the window. After being hit with grocery carts four different times I was teetering on the edge of going ape crazy. Mom knows that look I get in my eyes. She knows when I have had enough and I am going to let the next person who hits me a cart have it. Believe me people it is not a pretty picture when I go ape crazy. Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

I know the difference between being hit with a cart accidentally and being hit with a cart on purpose. These hits were done to get me to move. I have not mastered the art of being able to grab merchandise off the shelves while still pushing the cart. I like to stop, pick up the merchandise, place it in my cart and move along. I am an odd duck folks. I am not a drive by shopper.

I was never so happy to get out of that place. I am not a crowd lover. I can only tolerate people in small increments. But I am looking forward to tomorrow though.

Mom and I were invited to a pot luck lunch with the folks at the RV park. I know I will be a little nervous but I think this will be enjoyable. Kids, I am not cooking. Don't panic. I am doing the veggie tray. I am aware that poisoning your neighbor is not a good way to get acquainted.

James aka Rusty called last night. I asked him what his plans were for the 4th of July. Usually he sits home and watches it on TV but since separating from his wife he has become more outgoing. His plans are to go to a truck - tractor pull, stock car racing and something about a school bus. Afterward there will be a big firework display..... Great he is turning my granddaughter into a redneck. Which is not a bad thing since it makes shopping for her birthday easier. All I have to buy her is a bug zapper and a six pack of soda pop. That will keep her entertained for hours. You can take the boy out of the hills but you can't take hills out of the boy.

Yesterday I noticed my rear tire on the car was looking a bit puny. So I checked the pressure and was finally able to use my portable air compressor. It was meant for my bike but hey I had 30 minutes to kill. The tires are still under warranty so we went to Sierra Vista to get it fixed. The clerk asked me what was wrong, I explained it was puny and that this time a ten is not a good thing. I ran over a nail.

Later

Location: McNeal


Photobucket

1 comments:

Lynilu said...

I hope your 4th was good!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...