Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Musical Beds

The first night of Scott's arrival, he slept on the couch. Mom slept in her room, and I nestled down in the bottom bunk.

The second night, mom and I spent part of the evening watching a movie in her room, while Scott spent his evening in the living room watching his movie. Unfortunately for him, our movie ended before his and of course we had to go and see what his movie was all about. So Scott couldn't go to sleep.

The third night, Scott packed up his computer and moved into mom's room. She has the only room with a door! Mom moved to the bunk bed and I went on the couch. The couch does fold down and makes into a bed but I prefer to keep it as a couch, much more comfy in my opinion. Truth be told, I would rather have either the couch or my bunk.

The three of us fixed dinner the other night. Mom had the stove area for her Spanish Rice, Scott took over the other side to cook hamburgers, and since the table was already set I sat on the couch and prepared the salad.

We are settling in quite nicely.

The weather has been haphazard, to say the least. We managed to explore Bisbee the other day and no matter how many times we drive into Bisbee we all always find something new. What is great fun is to take one camera and pass it around. You end up with a wonderful combination of pictures.

Yesterday our goal was to head to Patagonia but we ended up in Tombstone because of the rain. It started sprinkling by the time we got to Sierra Vista so we decided to go to Fairbanks and do some hiking. By the time we got to Fairbanks the heavens opened up! So we decided to head into Tombstone and wait out the rain.

Off on another adventure.

2 comments:

noisysmile said...

sounds like everything is going well there. did you celebrate his birthday? did you eat cake?
I went to the doc today. some kind of infection. this is the worst I've been through. I can still eat though which is a miracle. no need to worry though. robert is acting like he is queen nurse : )
I love you! if you go to patagonia take pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love your adventures. I really love that you share them with us.
But I would not dance (in flip-flops) with a tarantula. You are so gutsy. What if it were a tarantula that was the varmit that got you MOM? Oh MY!! scary.

So those reckless slutty coyotes will breed with any dammed old thing, eh? Sounds like a lot of my clients from the old job. Some of them had kids from every race, color, size and shape one could think of. They should be on Oprah showing how they are bringing the races together.

I've heard that cats and rabbits will breed with each other too. I wonder what they are called? I bet they are cute critters. On second thought they might look really dorky. And how about those cowboys and sheep? Now what would we call them? (SICK)

Anyhow I like that you sound so happy and content. Gives one hope.

happy travels, sweety.

xxxJolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...