Saturday, August 23, 2008

Someone Slap Me

I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. last night, this is extremely early for me. When I woke up - Scott was in the living room talking with mom. Scott was in his work clothes and mom in her PJs. My first words this morning were “I’m confused.”

If Scott just came home then it is midnight, if it is midnight why is mom still up? If it isn’t midnight then … Does anybody know what time it is? I hate mornings when everything is helter skelter and I wake up to become the best joke of the day.

It doesn’t pay to get up so darn early. Heck, it doesn’t pay to go to bed early.

This is what I call a “oh god damn” morning. For those who find those words insulting, I apologize. That was my dad’s favorite expression. When a situation became confusing, irritating, or if he loses an argument off he would go muttering “oh god damn.” One of my favorite memories is of dad rolling down the hallway in his wheelchair at break neck speed muttering these words over and over again.

Location: Marana

3 comments:

noisysmile said...

hahaha!! that is my favorite memory too. whenever I say that phrase I think of him.

Anonymous said...

I have those morning too...and I usually go right back to bed.
(s)

xxxJolie

La, Storyteller/Storysinger said...

Lol...so was it morning???
Great blog!
I can almost picture your dad rolling down the hallway :P

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...