Thursday, August 07, 2008

Today

I am not sleeping again. I have been doing reasonably well until about a month ago. I don't know what has transpired but I am up wandering around at 3:00 a.m.   I go through weeks, months of sleeping well . Then I will have months of no sleep. When you think that I have 109 channels something would be on the TV.

When I was a child I had the usual childish fears - monsters that live under the bed and the monsters that live in the closet. Sometimes there were creatures that took a human form that appeared in the night that were worse than the monsters. I outgrew my childish fears.

We did contact Comcast and they will be out to reduce our channels to 70. We also checked out the cost of having an aircard and Comcast can beat the price of an aircard with its six months package deals. Since we are going to be here for 6 months it will be more cost effective to go with Comcast. The RV park does offer free internet but we were told that it is only good for checking e-mail and maybe surfing the net. I find it commendable that we were told this before we wrote the check.

Today mom and I drove out to "All Faith Cemetery" in Tucson, a very beautiful place. Lots of quails, doves, jack rabbits and a den of coyotes. The stones were newer than I would have liked but it was enjoyable to walk around.

I didn't take a lot of pictures so I will post them here.

3 comments:

noisysmile said...

aww are those coyote lovers?

Lynilu said...

Those are well-fed, healthy coyotes. They are beautiful in that state, but not so much during bad times when they are hungry and skinny.

Sorry you're having trouble sleeping. Have you tried a simple cup of camomile tea? That usually works for me. When I'm having a stretch of sleepless nights, I have one before bedtime, and another if I wake up. after just a few days, I'm OK again.

Robin said...

Love the coyotes.... here's hoping you sleep again, soon.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...