Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Road Tripping

We made it to Topeka on Thursday. Robert thought it would be a good idea to surprise Hannah and meet us in Topeka. He told her he was taking her to a special restaurant and in order to go she would have to wear a blindfold for the entire trip. Hannah didn't object. They drove from their house to Topeka using the back roads. I was outside unloading the car when they pulled up and I am surprised they weren't pulled over because Hannah looked like a kidnap victim. She had no idea where she was or where she was going. That is trust folks. I don't care who it was, if they had asked me to put on a blindfold and drive me all over god's creation I would say "NO!"

We had a fantastic time visiting with Robert and Hannah.

We were greeted by our two grandpuppies, Ella and Rose.

Saturday we had a fantastic home cooked meal -smoked salmon, grilled shrimp, ribs, and baked beans to die for. That was followed by an evening of games.

Sunday Hannah took us to a cemetery in Independence.

Later that evening Robert took us a fantastic restaurant. I wish I could remember the name of the place. Mom and I had bison strips and Robert and his friend had the best bison tenderloin. Homemade onions rings, asparagus, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls and to finish this wonderful meal we all ordered homemade, southern style strawberry short cake.

There might be a few of you who is adding up the cost of this meal in your head and coming up with a figure that would feed a family of 4 for a week. You are right but you are also wrong.

Robert is a very wise and thrifty man. He had coupons and had called prior to make sure he could use all of his coupons and by the time they were through figuring our bill the tip cost more than the dinner. I am still laughing over the fact that entire dinner for five cost........... $24.01.

YOU ARE GOOD ROBERT!

I also watched Hannah play tennis. It was just a great weekend.


We are now in Camdenton. We took today off and flopped. Tomorrow we start visiting.

Here's  your sign - this one made me chuckle.

1 comments:

noisysmile said...

we had a blast with you too!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...