Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vet

Lulu's visit to the vet went well. The vet estimates her age at 6 months. She is malnourished and it has affected the tendons in her legs. The sparse hair and skin rash is also from being malnourished. All of this can be corrected with good food.

Her double teeth is commonly found in Yorkies amd the vet thinks she is a Yorkie crossed with a Chihuahua. Even though they call this type of dog a Chorkie I like Yorhuahua (pronounced your wa wa)better. I have a designer dog but truthfully she is a mutt.

She has also acclimated well to the leash. There is still some work that needs to be done but once we get the instrument of torture attached she will walk, jump, leap, and chase leaves. Unfortunately I am on the other end trying to keep up with her. I haven't figured out "stop." We found a harness at WalMarts that uses velcro instead of snaps and she doesn't mind wearing it. Okay I also bought her a little jacket but that is as far as I am going to go in dressing her. She is a dog not a barbie doll.

We will address her double teeth when we get home, they will probably have to do an extraction.

Now for the lecture to my readers. If it is small, cute, and pathetic looking be prepared. The first thing I did before I said "I will take her" was check her gums. They were pink. I thought the sparse hair was a sign of malnourishment and I was right. I knew I was taking on something that will cost money. Her personality was what won me over and I feel that I made the right decision. I am not use to having a puppy, I am not use to having an affectionate dog that likes people but she makes me smile. It is a learning experience for the both of us. She is a keeper.

My next concern is hair. Will it be like a Yorkie and require a lot of brushing or will it be like a Chihuahua? I guess I will cross that bridge will it grows out.

Tomorrow we will be leaving Prairie Village and heading west. Another state is on the horizon for Lulu and what an adventure she will have.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I love Yorhuahua. It's perfect.

Lynilu said...

I see that you can fully understand from your first-hand experience why I wound up bring 4 babies home rather than the 1 or 2 I planned on. I can not say no to anything that pathetic and neglected. I just can't.

And I'm really glad for Lulu that you can't either. Now, take it from me, don't go near any shelters or pounds! Trust me on this!

I'm glad the leash is working out. Very good news, for sure!

Safe travels! And I know I don't have to tell you to keep smiling, do I? :)

Lynilu said...

BTW, I just looked at those pictures below again, and I have to say once more .... that little face is to die for!

Oh, and YAY on the good vet report!

noisysmile said...

no big deal about the poopy. shit happens ; )

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...