Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Want

I want to buy a house, something small and maybe a little quirky. I don't want a cement pond or something pretentious. Pretentious homes makes me feel a weed in a petunia patch. I feel like I have to dress and act like my house. I have seen some pretentious homes with their granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, toilets in a closet, and 8 foot ceilings that makes me feel so small and insignificant. I finally said "no foreclosures or short sales." I have also seen pretentious homes with their guts surgically removed. In one of the homes, I discovered the stove in the garage. I guess the folks that lived there couldn't fit the stove in their pickup truck along with all the appliances they have taken out the house. I don't want surround sound. I want my sound in front of me, not behind, beside, and on top of me. Surround sound needs to be outside - the sound of bugs, wind, water, etc. I don't need a special room for a toilet either.

I want a home where the price is not inflated. It is like buying a $5 toy for $50. I don't like to bargain and counter and counter again. My thoughts on anything that is overpriced is this, "They must love it so much that they want to keep it forever." Of course, my father over priced everything because he figured if someone is stupid enough to buy it he will be smart enough to take it. He also knew when to let go.

Buying a house is a big pain in the butt, especially when you run into someone that loves their abandoned home so much they can't let go of it. It doesn't matter what the comps are, their home is special. I guess there is an idiot somewhere that will pay it but after 6 months on the market I would be reconsidering.

We made an offer, it was countered, we countered back and they remained steadfast.

Oh well such is life, onward and upward...... just no more pretentious homes that are a steal.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

This economic situation is still new enough that people haven't realized the realities about selling a home. I hope you find your home soon, and with sellers who are realistic.

Lynilu said...

huh. Do you think I used enough derivatives of "real" in that?? Good grief! I really need a reality check!

Anonymous said...

and then there is really and reality...ah Lynilu sounds a bit like me some days when I write.

Anyhow I knwo you will find the perfect place. Just be deligent and don't settle for anything that is not perfect. It will, after all become your santuary. Good luck guys.

xxxJ-

Anonymous said...

Hell I can't even spell. DAH!
xxxJ-

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...