Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Week In Review

My favorite daughter, Hannah Jane and her beau, Robert came for a visit.  I was able to see my two grandpuppies, Rose and Ella and they did alright with romping through the desert.  They had a few close encounters with the cacti but that didn't curb their enthusiasm.  Lulu was thrilled with having canine companionship this week and she bonded tightly with Ella.

It was also a rare moment for me to have two of my children together for Christmas. Robert and Scott did all of the cooking.  Two men and a grill and what a wonderful combination!  We feasted on salmon, steaks, ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs, and then we had grilled apples, veggies, s'mores, pineapple.... if it was in the fridge it went on the grill and came off of the grill delicious. The five of us gained 20 pounds this week.

We went to the usual places, Mt. Lemon, Catilina State Park, Biosphere, and did a lot of window shopping at 4th Street and Main Gate.  Two of the best places to do a little window shopping because with the prices you can't do anymore.... unless you hock the farm and give up your first born child.

We also went to the college for the Photograph Exhibit.  Scott and Hannah immediately went off on their own because there is nothing more embarrassing than looking at a bunch of naked people with your mother.  Let me tell you, and the kids agree, that was GOD AWFUL.  Three generations of women stark naked and peeing on a rock is not art and neither is a dozen uncircumcised men.  If I want to see naked I will pick up a magazine or watch TV.  Some of the folks in the pictures looked like they just came into puberty.  I had nightmares for a week.

We also celebrated Christmas the minute Hannah and Robert walked through the door. We are not a family that can wait when presents are wrapped and sitting under the unChristmas Tree.  The minute we displayed them nicely we waited long enough to oh and ah and then it was mayham!


Friday morning, Audrey, flew in to join us.  Audrey is Robert's mother and is a braver woman than I.  Robert drove her up Mt. Lemon so she can have the experience of 70 degree weather becoming 20 degrees.  I would have been in fetal position in the back seat of the car.  I am getting over my fear of mountains but I will never get over my fear of snow and ice.  That is something I can do without. It was a wonderful visit.



 
 

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful time! Well, except for the photo exhibit. I'm trying to imagine the women peeing on a rock and uncircumcised men, and I'm feeling a bit ..... let's just call it "uneasy"! Ick! I'm sorry, I love art but I don't love shock-art. Jus' sayin'.

But I'm glad the rest of it was good. Yay for family being together, anytime of the year!!!

noisysmile said...

oh momalu I miss you : (

but I had such an awesome time!

We are home now! Got in about 3 this morning. I'm going to get everything unpacked and organized today. Robert said it could take a couple hours to transfer pictures and get all of them on the computer. It may a few days before I get to it. I also lost the charger for my mac HAHA (perhaps on purpose) so I don't have a computer of my own right now.

This was the best Christmas ever though. The best. The whole darn vacation was unbelievably awesome.

I love you all (Bernie too)!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...