Thursday, March 19, 2009

Its The Sunshine Vitamin

You know it is not going to be a good conversation when you answer the phone and your doctor's nurse says, "Have you been taking your cholesterol medicine?" 262 folks and I am not going to go into the other numbers because it isn't good.

Then there was the final zinger....... "you have a Vitamin D deficiency " Wait, isn't that the Sunshine Vitamin? Then the rest of my life flashed before my eyes...... I am heading for a low fat no fun diet. I am going to meet up with a dietician that looks like Jill on "The Biggest Loser" and my days of french fries and carrot cake is over. I will have to eat all of my meals outside because I am lacking in the sunshine vitamin.

I am trying, really trying to remain upbeat and positive but it is so damn discouraging. I quit smoking and my breathing goes to hell in a hand basket. I wake up every morning feeling like I have an elephant on my chest. Then my blood test results come back really crappy. Truthfully I have several trails selected that I want to go on but I am afraid that I will have a heart attack and die. I am trying to make my son go with me.

As far as being low in the Sunshine Vitamin, I have a prescription waiting for me. As far as my cholesterol is concerned, a diet would probably do wonders for me.  I will be going on my hike tomorrow by myself.   Expect pictures.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Dang, girl! You are not old enough for that stuff. I'm sorry, but try to remain positive, as you say. Don't stop living (yes, go on your hike). And keep us updated.

Robin said...

Having just gotten my script for Chantix, I have a question....why did your breathing go to hell in said handbasket (if you know). Is this something I have to look forward to?

noisysmile said...

I am waiting for the pictures : )

And I am online right now and you are not. I missed you by 14 min. Robert is making a BIG fantastic meal: baked potato, steamed veggies, grilled peppers, and a guac facon furger so that means that I will not be on later : ( because I will be EATING!

But I love you. I hope Jaeda is ok. . .

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...