Sunday, April 05, 2009

Tired...... Please

I swore to myself that I will not complain or moan about the cigarette issue because there is nothing more boring than reading about someone trying to quit smoking.  I brought this on myself and I will stop by myself,  suffer in silence, bite the bullet, buck up.....

I am sick of all those folks who say "I quit and I didn't have a problem with quitting.  I didn't have any cravings or nicotine fits."   Bull Hockey  I don't know what drugs those people are on but I want some because it has been hell.  The cravings don't stop, they are always there, lurking around the corner and you know eventually you will be ambushed by them.  After a couple of days of not craving a cigarette you are ambushed by a desire that is so strong you just want to scream. 

It started early yesterday morning and by afternoon I had gone through two packages of bubblegum, popped enough bubbles that the dogs no longer fear them, and the cravings only intenisfied.  By evening I was climbing the walls and begging for some relief.  This time the second hand smoke didn't ease the cravings.  There are no words that I can come up with that can describe what I am feeling, except it has been hell.

Before I went to sleep I said "Oh please make this stop."  I woke up this morning and it hasn't stopped, if anything it is worse.  Hand shaking, crying worse.  It didn't help that poor little Fi was constipated which required rubber gloves, baby wipes, and little kisses.  Now she has diarrhea, I am still in the throes of a 24-hour nicotine fit and life really sucks right now.

6 comments:

Kym said...

Good luck and keep on trying to ignore those cravings, I think it takes a few days to get through it. I quit cold turkey about 3 years ago. I just wanted to stop, so I did, but there were days that I wanted to climb the walls, so I spent quite a lot of money on gum as well! Going out with friends for a few drinks was even worse, I would beg someone to give me a cigarette just to put out the misery I was feeling. It has been quite some time before the cravings went away, and I did gain weight. I really cannot stand the smell of the things, but when things get stressful, I occasionally feel that urge to smoke one in two seconds! I wish you luck and drink lots of water, that may help some...Is little Fi doing okay now? Take care!

Lynilu said...

Well, I didn't have as much trouble as you are, but I hadn't smoked but about 12 yr. Don't know if that makes a difference. I did a lot of deep breathing during cravings, and that helped me. When I felt a craving that I couldn't shake, I did some form or exercise or activity, walked around the house or the building where I worked, did a few sit-ups or jumping jacks. It seemed to relieve it for me. And I agree with what Kym says .... drink lots of water. Second-hand smoke will likely make it worse, so try to avoid that.

Poor little Fi. I hope it is just a short-lived thing and that she is romping again soon. BTW, it isn't unusual to have some diarrhea following an impaction. She will probably level out soon.

Good luck to your whole household.

noisysmile said...

oh mom I wish I could cheer you up

:D

I love you

Robin said...

With trying to get this new job, I haven't had the nerve to try and quit. I feel so bad for you. I know you left Chantix but are you doing anything (patches, whatever) to help you through?

I do admire you though, and I'll send up a prayer for you...

PS... bitch and moan all you want. What else is a blog for?

feliciadel said...

You're doing great! Just a little while longer and you'll be through the hard part. I remember when Dirk quit a few years back and it was hellatious, but worth it! Brava!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck kid. I understand this particular type of hell. I stop and I start and I stop and I start...so you are doing way better than me. More luck to you. I hope it gets better soon.

Me being one of those boring whiners bitch a lot about it. It doesn't help but that's just me.
A whuss for sure.

Give little Fi a gentle tummy rub and kiss from me. Why the heck does life need to be such a struggle? That's what I want to know. Though I have no struggle when it comes to lighting up and inhaling.

By the way, I love all of the desert and flower photo's. Beauty in the desert, eh? I love that life is happening every where.

Love & Good Wishes for you, Pepper. I hope this passes for you soon. You are so brave...you deserve to win this struggle.

Jolie

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...