Sunday, February 21, 2010

It has been hurry up and wait with an umbrella winter

This winter has been pretty crappy. If we were not fighting rainy, damp weather we were being given instruction on patience by the Roadtrek Company. It has been hurry up and wait with an umbrella winter. Now we are heading for Chevy dealership in Phoenix on Monday.

I will start at the beginning. I had made plans to visit the petroglyphs on Monday and a trip to Ajo afterwards. Saturday mom and I went out to eat and on the way both brake lights went on and bells started going off. It was a typical oh crap moment because I am not mechanically inclined. I pulled over and turned off the motor and gave mom that what do I do look. I grabbed the instruction manual and looked up brakes. It said “you are in a whole lot of trouble-call a tow truck.” So I turned the motor back on, thinking maybe I was seeing double or something and it was all a bad dream but I wasn’t dreaming. So I shut off the motor. I sat there thinking, my brakes felt fine, I never noticed anything different. So I popped the hood and went out to take a look around. Thank god for pictures because I found the brake fluid doohickey and checked that and it was fine. So I got back in the van and fired that baby up. I told mom we are heading back to the park and I will think about it. On the way back the lights went out. So I thought to myself “well shoot, I am going to find that Italian place and grab a pizza.” Then I hit the grocery store and went back to park. The lights never came back on. It didn’t come on when I turned on the motor this morning. I am not going to take any chances.

I sat down and read the manual about the braking system last night and it could be the sensors needed to be reset. If it turns out to be nothing but a quick fix then I will be heading back to the petroglyph site and Ajo. Somebody down there wants to buy mom and I a hamburger.

Kids, yes I knew how to open the hood without the manual, no snarky comments on me laughing when the car salesman asked me if I wanted to look at the motor… Please don’t call because you know I will if the crap hits the fan.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

I"m with you. I won't push my luck. When lights and bells and whistles and buzzers go off, so does my car! I hope it isn't anything serious and/or expensive. Good luck!

Michael said...

As you say, "it could be just a sensor"...still good to get it checked out...

Cold and wet here in Ajo again today...I'm kinda "huddled inside" ol' Wanderwolf and catching up on my reading...grabbed 2 new Vampire novels from the library the other day...hee hee...

The "burger offer" can wait...yer brakes are more important...maybe we'll see ya on the flip-flop!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...