Monday, March 08, 2010

Not What I Am Used To

I have said earlier that Tucson gets a hold of you and never let’s go. Once again we are on hold.

My appointment for two tests was for 3:00 and it took two hours. I had to have new pictures taken just at different angles from the set I had taken at 3:00. I thought for a second I was going to have to stand on my head. It was horribly embarrassing. It is strange to be in an office filled with women and they knew that something was found. It was softness, a rub on the back, someone saying “are you okay?” It was something I am not used to… this gentleness. Their concern was genuine. When I did leave the office and sat down, the tears came. It wasn’t because of what was found because that was found two years ago. The tears were for the kindness shown in an office filled with women. They will call and let me know if I am to come back in a week.

Mom’s test would have gone well if there was parking. All the parking places at the hospital were for those who had permits. The parking for visitors and patients had a 7 foot clearance. We had to reschedule her tests at a place that could accommodate our van. The clinic we will be going to for her has lots of parking for all size vehicles.

We are going to continue with our plans to explore a part of Southern Arizona and come back to Tucson for the appointments. We will not stay in Tucson. This city has to turn loose of us eventually.

As usual all is well in the little house on wheels.

3 comments:

hannah jane said...

a very appropriate andreas saying for your post.

Lynilu said...

I'm glad there were people with the insight to offer you the gestures. Most people are good. Enjoy that.

Lisbeth said...

I want to hear about Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge! We've never been, but talked about it.
Both of you, have fun, and stay well!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...