Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On The Way To Arivaca

WHOOPS - Between laundry and fixing dinner (corn beef, fruit, cheese and crackers) last night I was trying to upload pictures on a bad internet connection.  To make a long boring story short I misspelled the name of a town I was in - it was Tumacacori, Arizona:-)  We are back on the road today.


First we went to the spice store located in Tumacacori, Arizona.

My bread and my hot dogs will taste a little bit yummier.  

We had  to have lunch at the Wisdom Cafe.  It was highly recommended.  The food was good.

Then it was time to head to Arivaca.

The road to Arivaca was curvy and rolling but it was a beautiful drive.  Along the side of the road was bright yellow flowers that I am assuming are Mexican Poppies.  It was just beautiful.  Arizona's landscape changes from one moment to the next and that is why I love it here.  We stopped at the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge for a  little hiking.  It was the riparian right before you go into town.  We didn't get to see all that we wanted to see and plan to return.  

I have posted the rest of the pictures here.

2 comments:

hannah jane said...

did you have a fruit burrito? I will look at pictures after I've had a few hours of sleep. Love you.

Lynilu said...

Tucumcari, AZ doesn't show up anywhere, not on a map, not in google. What highway is it on? I've been to Tumacacori, but I know that's not where you are. I need to know so I can find that spice store!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...