Monday, April 19, 2010

Old Friends, Men In Strange Suits, Family......

I made it to Crocker and saw my friend, Carol and her wonderful daughter Belle.  We ran into Carol’s daughter-in-law, Chassity, at a little café in Richland and we had a great breakfast, lots of laughter and smiles. We stopped by the nursing home to visit Paul (Carol’s father).  I have a lot of great memories of him and his wife, Betty. Then we visited with Chassity at her home. It was a great visit and it was a little hard. Sometimes I feel a little helpless and I wish I could do more.

Saturday found us in Highland visiting with my sister and her family. They opened their door and driveway to us. It was great fun. My sister makes a mean salad.

The very second I pulled into my sister’s driveway my son, Scott called. He had worked the night before and didn’t get home until late. Sometime during the time his head hit the pillow and the time he got up a swarm of Africanized bees  colonized in his bathroom. He called to let me know the exterminators were on their way and he had locked the dogs up in the car with the air conditioner on. They were swarming both in and out of the house. We had strange men in funny suits in the house but they brought Scott his clothes and lap top. I had to send Scott to a hotel that will take two dogs.

Sunday we arrived at 7:00 p.m. (2 hours late) at my daughter’s home….. We got as far as Kingdom City when I received a phone call from my son, Scott. The bees refused to leave. The exterminator had guaranteed his work and so he had to show back up. Scott did make it to work and I hope he made it to school.

Today Hannah and I decided to walk around the neighborhood and I took the opportunity to take some pictures.  To view the photos click here.



 Do You See The Puppy?

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Yikes! Africanized bees?!?!?! Poor Scott! What is he doing with the dogs while he is at work?

Pepper McKean said...

He had to board the dogs. I feel so sorry for him. He will never will own a house. Last weekend the pump went out and he didn't have any water for a couple of days.

Robin said...

And you weren't there to take pictures.....

Kate said...

Gosh - stubborn bees - are these 'Africanized' ones especially mean or something?

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...