Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yes

We are still with my daughter and we are waiting for my son, Scott to join us on Friday.  We plan to have a BBQ.  Saturday is the day we will take off for Kentucky.  Come hell or high water.

Today Hannah and I decided to face on of our fears.  We donated blood.   I have an unbelievable fear of needles and I don't like the sight of blood either..... especially my own.  When I was working in an office, we were allowed one to two hours off to donated blood.  I was one of the very few that stayed behind.  Today that all changed we went down to the local blood bank and did it.  It wasn't bad because I wasn't watching.  Hannah was getting a little peaked but we did it and I am proud of us.  Yes, I will do it again.  I don't think Hannah will ever do it again. 

I have been trying to get to Hiawatha Kansas and I am going to have to postpone that until our next visit to Kansas.  Atchison Kansas was a great place to visit as well as Weston Missouri.

Oakhill Cemetery Atchison Kansas

2 comments:

Izy said...

I love the dog statue

~~Mike~~ said...

Well done on giving blood! Wish I could do that, but they don't want mine :( (CF)

That little bird has a rather funny expression on his face, He looks like he is in a bad mood. Great pics as always!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...