Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tawas Point State Park, July 27

Yesterday afternoon I sat outside reading a Jim Harrison book.  The sun was warm and the next thing I knew I was waking up.  There is something uncomfortable about falling asleep in a chair in the middle of the day with people milling about.  Did I snore? More than likely and loudly like I normally do.  I also woke up with a nasty sunburn.  Children always wear sun block before your naps.

After my snooze I met my neighbor.  Well truth be told he met me.  The gentleman was extremely hard of hearing and his goal and purpose was not to engage in conversation but to talk.  Every time I tried to talk,  he would talk over me, around me, and under me.   That was fine – I am more of a listener than a talker when it comes to these situations.  The family dynamics interested me as well as his regrets.  I found it sad that he stated 3 to 4 times he was single.  It was like if he said it over and over it would become real to him.   After our conversation he went back and I sat there with all these memories of his.  I am becoming more and more weepy as the days go by.

I cooked up the chicken last night and put that in the freezer.  Then I started the fire in the fire pit and mom and I read well past dark.  She finally said “we are going to need a flashlight or build another fire.” 
This morning (July 27) we walked to the lighthouse and browsed the gift shop there.  Then we walked to the beach and waded.  Our plans is to hit the beach tomorrow.  We will bring our chairs and books.  I will be covered head to toe with sun block.   You never know when a nap will sneak up on you.

DSC_0007 DSC_0021
CSC_0072 DSC_0027

0 comments:

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...