Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Cup Of Tea

This morning I woke up to 60 degree weather and decided it would be a great morning to relax, sip a cup of hot tea and read blogs.

The route that I mention in a previous post - Route 6 aka GAR Highway can be seen by clicking here.   Mom and I are seriously considering taking this in April but every time we make plans the situation changes.  No children I am not taking the mountains.  (shudder)

I am now, once again, at war with beauticians,   I started out with a shaggy cut parted on the side and over the past year I watched it being cut shorter and shorter and shorter until I walked out with a crew cut with chunky layers on the back and you can't part a crew cut.  When mom said "lets get our haircut."  I said "Hell NO."  I was afraid of what I might come out with.....  You know something I want an old lady weave.  Do they make a weave for grannies?  A silver weave and that way I don't have to go through the growing out stage.  Seriously I am thinking about never cutting it again since the only people I can find to cut hair are cute little teenager types who don't like cutting "old women's hair."  I heard that one before.   Grrrrr

I am suppose to be relaxing.....

We are heading to Honor Michigan this afternoon and will be spending 4 days there.  I am anticipating a lot of hiking.  Mom is anticipating a lot of reading.  We stopped at a used bookstore and bought a few books.  Since mom doesn't take long walks she will set up her chair in the parking lot (under a tree) and read.  It works out well for us.

Life is great when you are not in a hurry.

2 comments:

hannah jane said...

omg that song lol!

from what I've heard weaves suck. I would go with short and spiky if I were you.

Lynilu said...

... and as the hair grows, the weave looks icky!! Short and spiky sounds good to me, also!

It is hard to be on the road and find good hairdressers. I had enough of that during the few months I was on the road to know it is not fun. Good luck!

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...