Monday, December 27, 2010

Randomness….

Great food, great conversation, and wonderful company

My stay in Fort Pierce was fantastic!  We had a wonderful lunch with my Uncle, mom’s brother.  We haven’t seen him in over 20+ years.  Needless to say we sat and talked for 2 hours.   We plan to stop by before we head out of Florida and see him again.

billjaneWe also had a wonderful visit with Sharon, a fellow trekker.  We met her in Michigan this summer.  She is a wealth of information and I learned quite a bit talking to her.  Once again we sat and talked for 2 hours. 

Awww Nuts

I have discovered Pistachios.   They are the most expensive nut I have ever encountered not as much fun as the hickory but they are very addictive.  You can’t just eat one and my thumbnails are the shortest they ever have been.  I have also been on a salt kick which might explain the Pistachios.  I am putting salt on just about everything – eggs, tuna, french fries.  I normally don’t eat very much salt.  FYI I have low blood pressure, I think I am just above dead. Which is strange since high blood pressure is a family trait. 

Christmas 

My daughter, Hannah and her beau, Robert sent us a package for Christmas.  So we had a present to open and inside was filled with wonderful goodies.  Robert’s brownies, Mr. and Mrs. Banana Bread, peanut butter fudge, my CD I have been raving about, two books, and a book of Jim Harrison’s poems.  So on Christmas we packed  a picnic lunch and took off for the beach.  We had a wonderful Christmas dinner.  Thank You Hannah and Robert – You are awesome.

******

Mom and I also walked the beach and visited  Fort Pierce Inlet State Park to watch the surfers.  The water temperature was 60 degrees, a little to cold for me but I enjoyed wading.   

We are in Hobe Sound Florida and will be for a couple of days.

I have taken enough pictures for two blogs!  Enjoy

DSC_0013 DSC_0017
DSC_0019 DSC_0021
DSC_0024 DSC_0046
DSC_0050 DSC_0055
DSC_0056 DSC_0065
DSC_0057 DSC_0073
DSC_0077 DSC_0100

4 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

Nice shots! My favorites are: the boardwalk and the shoreline with people and birds. The perspective on both are interesting. Don't get me going on nuts.

Jerry and Suzy said...

Great beach pictures. How do you have such nice weather in Florida while others are freezing their pistachios off?

Speaking of pistachios, we live in the heart of pecan and pistachio country here in Arizona. C'mon over, either here or in southwestern New Mexico and find pistachios at wonderful prices. While you're here, drop by and we'll have a nice chat!

hannah jane said...

The surfer pelican is pretty fabulous.

I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Abby from NCIS shares your love of pistachios. If I had my choice, I would go with hickory nuts only if I had my own personal shucker. If I were a betting woman, I would have to say those angry, aggressive Florida squirrels have had it too easy. Give 'em a hickory nut they could take their frustrations out on, they would leave the tourists alone! I'm just sayin'.........

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...