Thursday, December 30, 2010

This I Know Is True

Do not get your hair cut by a bald man with the word "Hair" tattooed on the back of his head.
We are in Okeechobee Florida for two nights doing laundry and cleaning house.  The van is just full of sand and so I decided to do a deep cleaning.  This involves taking everything out of the van.  I take it out and put it on the lawn and picnic table.  Then I vacuum, dust, scrub, and wipe everything down.  Then I put everything back.  It gives the neighbors something to talk about.  I also needed a haircut and I got one.  First time I have had my whole head shaved with an electric razor.  Brought back memories…
.
Back in the 1970’s my father decided to grow his hair long and look like a hippy.  This did not please my mother but she humored him… for a while.  Then one night she greeted him at the door with the poodle clippers.  His hair cut then looked like my haircut now.    I have learned not to take hair seriously.

We stayed at Jonathan Dickinson State Park while in Hobe Sound.  An Army Camp, Camp Murphy was located between Stuart and Jupiter in what is now Jonathan Dickinson State Park.  In 1942 the federal government opened Camp Murphy. It was the home of the Southern Signal Corps School during WWII and served as a US Army base for instruction in radar operation in the early course of the war.   The buildings are no longer there. 

There were lots of hiking trails and of course the river.   It was a nice park with good camping facilities. 

Enjoy the pictures.

DSC_0001DSC_0003
DSC_0010DSC_0015
DSC_0012DSC_0019
DSC_0030DSC_0032
DSC_0034

The rest of the pictures of my hikes around the park.
DSC_0086DSC_0087
DSC_0089DSC_0126
DSC_0092DSC_0102
DSC_0107DSC_0110
DSC_0129

4 comments:

Bob said...

His hair cut then looked like my haircut now. I have learned not to take hair seriously......As someone who started going bald at 23 I can agree!

Robin said...

Hey Girl,

I actually like the haircut.

Have a clue what kind of trees those are (in the last pic)?

Pepper McKean said...

I believe they are slash pines.

Jerry and Suzy said...

Didn't see any picture of your haircut. Darn.

What Dogs See

I am now a happy person that shares her home with two dogs. Miss Sophie has moved in with us full time. She is a Miniature Pinscher, 6 years...